After a long day, you just want to kick back and rest. The worst thing ever is when you get to that point of the day, and there’s an unpleasant odour coming from your comfy couch. Sometimes keeping on top of odours can be a tough and constant job. That’s why we’re here to give you the know-how to suppress the bad smells that love to lurk in the fibres of upholstered furniture.
Read also: Precautions and Prevention of Contracting and Spreading COVID-19 (coronavirus).
The Best Shelf Products for Keeping Upholstery Stain and Odour-Free:
Scotchgard Fabric Upholstery Cleaner – £10
Northern Labs Formula 1 Dry Upholstery Cleaner – £12.50
Sonax (289300-755) Leather Foam – £13
Hoover 2X PetPlus Concentrated – £16
Rust-Oleum 278146 – £13
These are the top cleaning products for upholstery and their average prices. If they’re not available on the shelf in your local stores, they’re available for order on Amazon.
How to Use Shelf Products for Cleaning Upholstery:
When it comes to the shelf-bought products, you need to stick to thеse rules. Always approach with caution when using chemical-based cleaners. You don’t want to damage your upholstered furniture.
1. Always check your furniture labels for cleaning instructions before use;
2. Never stray from the instructions on the product label.
As long as you stick to these rules, you can’t go wrong. It’s as simple as that.
Tried and Proven DIY Solutions for Stain and Odour-Free Upholstery:
We did a bit of digging through the best DIY for upholstered furniture. Here are our top 3 methods for stain and odour-free fabric furniture:
1. he best upholstery brightening cleaner – 1 cup hydrogen peroxide (3%) and 1tbsp of dish soap. Mix them in a spray bottle and you’re ready to go!
- Spray on upholstered furniture until lightly soaked;
- Leave to rest a few minutes;
- Using a furniture brush lightly scrub upholstery;
- Spray with clean water and hoover until dry.
2. The best general upholstery cleaner – 1 cup of water or soda water with ½ cup white vinegar, ½ cup dish soap. Mix them in a spray bottle and you have your DIY product.
- Spray onto upholstery until lightly soaked;
- Scrub lightly with a furniture brush or clean cloth;
- Spray with clean water;
- Vacuum until dry;
3. The best dry upholstery cleaner – ½ cup of baking soda with ½ cup of cornstarch with just enough water to make a paste-like mixture. Add a few drops of your favourite essential oils for pleasant odours.
- Spread the mixture over the surface of your furniture;
- Leave for at least 30 minutes. Leave overnight for more serious cases;
- Vacuum until no traces of the mixture are left;
- If your upholstery is super sensitive, leave the water out of the mixture and just sprinkle the dry ingredients over your upholstery. After vacuuming then drop about 10 drops of your favourite essential oils over your upholstered furniture.
Need Professional Upholstery Cleaners?
Sometimes we’ve loved our upholstery so much that it needs professional care. Don’t hesitate to contact Happy House Cleaning services. Guarantee your settees and armchairs that new, spick and span look. Our professional upholstery cleaners will carefully tend your furniture with top-notch professional cleaning products. Combine our services – antiviral sanitisation, end of tenancy cleaning, carpet cleaning, and more!- and get a juicy discount. Go to our main site and get your free quote now!